2014 Ford Explorer - Terrain-Conquering
Capability and Class-Leading Highway MPG
- Unlike other systems that use imaging devices, available active park assist uses ultrasonic sensors to locate a parking space. Simply press a button and once a spot is selected, while you drive slowly, Explorer steers into place with a few simple steps on your part. Active park assist is an available feature on the Explorer Limited model. *Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment.
- Available adaptive cruise control represents a major step beyond conventional
cruise control. When its sensors detect traffic slowing, your vehicle
also slows down. After traffic has cleared, your vehicle resumes the
preset speed. Forward collision warning with brake support will alert
you if it senses a potential collision with the car in front of you.
A heads-up display, which simulates brake lights, flashes on the windshield.
If you don't react in time, the brakes will precharge and increase brake-assist
sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you brake. *Driver-assist
features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment.
- The available rear view camera* provides a video image of the area
behind your vehicle on the center console screen. The screen features
guides and a zoom feature that help you align your vehicle with a trailer
when you want to tow. *Driver-assist features are supplemental and do
not replace the driver's judgment.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) uses radar in the rear quarter
panels to identify a vehicle entering your blind spot and alerts you
with an indicator light in the sideview mirror. Cross-traffic alert
also uses radar to watch for traffic behind you when you're slowly backing
out of a parking spot or your driveway. If it detects a vehicle approaching
from up to 15 yards away, it sends an audible warning, an indicator
light flashes in the sideview mirror, and a message displays in the
message center. BLIS® with cross-traffic alert is available on XLT,
Limited and Sport models. *Driver-assist features are supplemental and
do not replace the driver's judgment.
- Available perforated, leather-trimmed, heated and cooled front bucket
seats deliver four-season comfort for you and your passenger. The seats
are included in the available Luxury Seating Package in the Limited
model and feature 10-way power with power lumbar and recline. The driver's
side seat has memory feature for two drivers. Also included in the Luxury
Seating Package is the PowerFold® 3rd-row seat that can fold flat for